I was so so excited to be selected for the Beautiful Blogger Award by one of my all-time favorite blogs, acupfullofsunshine. Thank you so much, Anne!
The rules are as follows:
1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.
I was trying to narrow the "things about myself" down to things that if someone told me while we were waiting to get our licenses renewed at the DMV, I'd reply,
"My! How interesting!"
Or at least, politely,
1. I used to work in a mystery dinner theater improv troupe. We'd stage a murder mystery on a train on its way to tour the Château Ste. Michelle winery in Woodville, WA. I was murdered myself several times a month after eating a delicious dinner on a fancy train. Not a bad way to make a living, I'd say.
2. I used to work at a teeny Italian-inspired café in Seattle as a barista where I was trained to to make gelato and how to bake donuts! I quit after I learned the latter because this meant I had to be at work at 4:30 a.m. No longer my dream job. Sigh.
3. I am a sensitive as a ripe peach when it comes to stories/movies/books and I restrict all viewing to movies that aren't too sad, violent, suspenseful, dark or depressing. You will not be able to talk me into watching a movie that is any combination of the above list. I'm into happy endings, tap dances and period pieces that conclude with weddings.
4. George Gershwin is responsible for me not quitting music. I was having a terrible time at classical music summer camp (you are welcome to imagine the details), had decided music was not for me and was wandering morosely through the halls at Florida State University, when I heard the strains of Rhapsody in Blue coming through a door. I parked myself on the floor and listened to the pianist practice and by the time I had gotten back up, I had changed my mind.
5. I began yoga in 1999. Because of Sting, Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna (mostly Sting). There, I said it. I'll come clean. But I loved it. I've even taken a teacher training course.
6. I must have a schedule where I can sleep in mornings. I have chosen many jobs and rejected many jobs (see #2) because of this requirement. Ten o'clock is the earliest I like to rise and it's practically impossible for me to fall asleep before 2:30 a.m.
7. One of my dearest dreams ever is to write/perform a song for a Pixar/Disney film. Anyone know anyone who knows anyone who works there?
The seven wonderful blogs I nominate for this honor are: